Cannot find what you’re looking for?
Send us your question and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
There are known issues between CC2020 and the MAC Catalina OSX currently that causes Illustrator to close when using the Knit Draw Stitches tool. If Ai is crashing when you use it in CC2020, you will have to backdate your Illustrator to CC2019 in order for you to use knit until the issue can be resolved. Below are the steps to backdate to CC2019:
- Open up the Creative Cloud app and make sure you are in “All Apps” on the left side
- Look for Illustrator and click the “…” button next to the “Open” button
- Click “Other Versions”
- Look for version 23.1.1 and click Install.
- You can keep CC2020 installed while you have CC2019 installed
- You will have to run the DesignPro 5.1.0 installer again, so that this time it will go into CC2019.
How do I see the Weave tools, Knit tools, and Fashion Sketch Pen tools in the Ai toolbar in Illustrator CC2019?
In the CC2019 version of Illustrator, the Ai tool box sometimes defaults to the “Basic” setting, which will hide many of the Illustrator tools including the DesignPro Weave, Knit, and Fashion features.
The tools referred to here For Weave are the Add Element Tool, Select Element, Draw Pattern, and Dobby Magnet tools. The Knit tools here are the Knitting tool, Knit Selection tool, Knit Paint tool, and Knit Eyedropper tool. The Fashion tools are the Fashion Sketch Pen tool and the Symmetry line tool.
There a few ways to show the Aquario Design tools in the Illustrator toolbar:
- Go to the Toolbar and click the “…” at the bottom
- Click the Options icon at the top right corner
- Check off Advanced
- Go to Window>Toolbars>Advanced. This will expand the toolbox to include the DesignPro tools.
- Go to Window>Workspace>Essentials Classic. This will change the Illustrator workspace to the classic essentials setup from older versions of Illustrator, including expanding the toolbox to include the Aquario Design tools.
For additional information or support, please email support@AquarioDesign.com
Is it possible to display the technical information and height of rows in knit – comparably to weave?
In the current version of our software the Knit tool does not have the same ability as weave to show technical information. Some workarounds for this include:
1. Placing grids on top of the knit design, allowing you to count out each stitch when in color chart view.
2. Using fill size to populate stitches at a particular repeat size.
For additional information or support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Aquario Design version 5.0.1 was packaged without the Aquario Design weave swatches, knit symbols and fashion sketch brushes libraries. To get them back, you can update or backdate to another release of Aquario Design OR contact the support team to manually add the libraries into your presets library. For additional information or support, please contact email@example.com