Knowledge Base Textile Designer
Knowledge Base Textile Designer
Cannot find what you’re looking for?
Send us your question and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
We do not change the color information on the document. Previewer renders the image in RGB and the “Apply Color Profile” option allows you to render the correct color profile in previewer as well. We do nothing to change, embed, or change the color profile assigned to the document in any way.
Be sure to have both the Previewer and Repeat windows open at the same time on your screen. You can access both by pulling both windows out from the side of Photoshop. Once both Repeat and Previewer are open together, you should be able to access the Refresh button on Previewer and begin to work.
Yes, please follow these steps to ensure a smooth installation:
- Download the install link after adding Colorist to your Textile Designer subscription.
- Be sure that Photoshop is closed before running through the installer to update Textile Designer.
- Access License Manager through Applications > Aquario Design > License Manager on MAC or C Drive > Program Files >Aquario Design > License Manager on PC.
- Click, “Deactivate,” before entering the new license key for your updated subscription.
- Click, “Activate,” and reopen Photoshop to work with both Repeat and Colorist in Textile Designer.
Will my expiry date when adding Textile Designer Colorist be the same as my current Textile Designer expiry date?
If you log into your Fast Spring account and do not see your Textile Designer subscription, please contact support at email@example.com
To change how the names of colors appear in Textile Designer, you would need to change the name of the colors while creating your palette in Illustrator before saving the palette of an ASE file. From there, you can import your ASE file to the Swatches Panel to be used in Textile Designer.
You can reorder colors during color reduction by clicking on a color and moving it using the up and down arrows. To reorder the colors after moving on to colorway creation, click on the Update Reduction button and reorder your colors. You can click “Done,” to navigate back toy our colorways. We recommend reordering colors during color reduction before moving on to colorway creation.
If the Textile Designer Export tab isn’t allowing a tile export of a repeat to happen, you may receive the error message, “The Move function is unavailable.” Following the error message, please follow these steps:
- Close Photoshop
- Open Creative Cloud and in the list of Installed Apps will be Photoshop with an, “…” next to it.
- Click on the icon and choose “Other Versions” in the list
- Scroll down to 23.3.2 or older versions and install.
- Once this version is installed, please try to open and Export again. This will fix the issue.
What’s the difference between Auto Reduction and using the Eye Dropper tool to reduce my artwork? Can I use a combination of both?
To automatically reduce your artwork, click, “Auto Reduction,” and enter how many colors you’d like your artwork to be reduced to. You can always add custom colors using the eye dropper tool after your artwork has been automatically reduced.
To select each color yourself, use the eye dropper tool to select each color position that will be added. Previewer will update each of these colors after each selection.
Yes, Click on the Color Reduction Icon in the Colorways panel. This will allow you to add colors to your color reductions.
Note: If you have existing colorways, you should save the file as a version with all colorways as updating the number of colors will remove your colorways from your file.
The colorway you are working on is a color reduced version of the artwork you’ve created. You can export and save each colorway once you are finished the reduction, and your original file will remain the same colors you originally saved it as. Your previewer will always show the version or colorway you are currently working on.
Download new installer
Option 2: Manual delete before reinstallation
- Navigate to Photoshop plugins folder and delete AquarioDesign folder
Mac: Applications/Adobe Photoshop (your ps version) /Plug-ins/AquarioDesign
Win: C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe Photoshop (your ps version)Plug-insAquarioDesign
- Open Creative Cloud
- Navigate to Stock & Marketplace (top menu) -> Plugins (top menu) ->Manage plugins (left side bar)
- Uninstall Aquario Textile Designer
- Repeat Option 1
During this install process, you will see 2 steps that you will have to click through. The initial install process will happen inside the window launched from the installer that you’ve downloaded from our website. The second will be a series of prompts that you will need to click through that will launch inside Creative Cloud. If you did not see Creative Cloud launch after the first window of prompts, before trying to license the software or opening Photoshop please try rerunning the installer.
Note: You will not be able to install this software if Creative Cloud is not installed on the machine.*
If you get any errors during the process, please make sure that the installer is on the desktop before running it, Creative Cloud is up to date and Photoshop is closed.
You can check for an update to our software as well, by going to the Textile Designer page and downloading the package again.
You can also try running Photoshop in Rosetta if Textile Designer is not appearing in “Plugins”. For help doing this, see this page.
If you still do not see the tools under “Plugins” in Photoshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Try reinstalling plugin through Creative Cloud
Check your spam and junk folders and if it’s still not there, reach out to email@example.com for support.
To reach Aquario Design concerning Textile Designer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Close all Adobe programs prior to installing Aquario Textile Designer
- Set up your account online and check that you receive a confirmation email with your license code.
- Back on the website, download the version that applies to your current machine (Mac or PC).
- Move the installer file to the Desktop from Downloads and double click to open.
- Follow prompts and when it is complete, navigate to License Manager, enter the license code from the email sent and hit Activate.
- When it says License Active in green, close the tools and try opening Photoshop. Look under “Plug Ins” for “Aquario Textile Designer”. Open the panels and begin work!
The manuals for Textile Designer Repeat and Export functions can be found by clicking the button on the top right corner of the TD Repeat panel.
- Go to a new finder window
- Go to the “AquarioDesign” folder
- Click on License Manager
- Open a new File Explore window
- Go to the “Windows (C:) drive
- Click on the folder “Program Files”
- Click on the folder “AquarioDesign”
- Click on License Manager
As of now, the export options offer sending a single tile of the repeat or a single canvas of the repeat as it is shown in PS, regardless of the type chosen. Use the two buttons on the top left of the Export tab to export the correct repeat tile.
Along with the future of color separation and colorway functionality, we will aim to provide more options to present the print as well.
If your License Manager is failing to open, please reach out to email@example.com for an updated version of Textile Designer. Once updated, License Manager should open properly.
You can update your previewer by using the refresh button in the top right corner and your layout will update.
You can work on any file format available in Photoshop while using Textile Designer. We recommend saving a PSD as the working document.
We support the latest two versions of Adobe Photoshop available on Adobe Creative Cloud on both Mac and PC.
Please update your Photoshop through Creative Cloud if you are running older versions.